CPUT High Bit-Rate S-Band Transmitter
This product is customizable, prices are based on requirements.
For more detailed pricing, and to request a quote please submit an enquiry.Enquiry
The HSTX (amateur band) and HSTXC (commercial band) are compact S-Band transmitters designed for CubeSat missions. These transmitters operate at amateur and commercial bands and are compatible with the CubeSat standard. These transmitters are ideal for space missions where a high data rate downlink is required.
The transmitters implement OQPSK and QPSK modulation with transmission data rates of up to 7.5 Mbps. They implement an open network encoding scheme based on the IntelSAT IESS-308 specification making this product compatible with low-cost commercial satellite receivers.
Technology by CPUT.
- Low Power consumption
- Transmission data rates of up to 7.5 Mbps
- Covers the (2.4 – 2.45 GHz) and commercial (2.2 – 2.3 GHz) frequency bands
- Industry standard encoding and modulation techniques
- Simple digital interfaces
- Transmit output power adjustable from 24 dBm to 30 dBm, adjustable in 2 dB steps
- Temperature: -25°C to +61°C
- Power Consumption: < 5 W
- Mass: < 100 g
- Dimensions: 96 mm x 90 mm
- Voltage: 6 V – 12 V
- Frequency: 2.2 GHz – 2.3 GHz (HSTXC)
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz – 2.45 GHz (HSTX)
- RF Power: 1 Watt (30 dBm)
- Channel Spacing: 500 kHz
- TX SNR: > 20 dB
- Spurious Response: < -60 dBc
A nadir facing S-Band patch antenna can also be incorporated into the CubeSat design. Its small size, low profile, rugged design and high directionality make it an excellent addition to the system.
This product comes with a user manual, flight board and STEP model.