2U Single-Deployable Solar Array (Long Edge)
This product is customizable, prices are based on requirements.
For more detailed pricing, and to request a quote please submit an enquiry.Enquiry
Our 2U deployable solar panels are designed to provide extra capability from your 2U CubeSat. Deploying along the long edge of the spacecraft, a pair of deployable arrays can deliver up to 13W (@28C, BOL) peak power when used in conjunction with a 2U body panel.
The 2U deployable solar panel assembly includes two PCBs, connected by our spring-loaded hinge mechanism. The Body Panel, screw-mounted to the CubeSat structure, and the outer face of the Deployable Panel each feature four of 28.3% efficient Spectrolab UTJ solar cells, for a total of EIGHT solar cells.
The Deployed Panel is held in the stowed configuration by space-qualified Dynema cord, and released by firing our Thermal Knife Driver (TKD) circuit, whereupon the panel deploys to a 90 degree angle. Clyde Space's deployable solar panels, including TKD circuitry and deployment hinges, have succesfully flown on numerous missions, including our very own UKube-1.
- Spectrolab UTJ solar cells in 4S1P configuration per face, with one string on the Body Panel, and one on the Deployed Panel. Total of EIGHT solar cells.
- The Body Panel features mounting holes are compatible with the Clyde Space 2U CubeSat structure and is supplied affixed to the Deployed Panel via a hinge mechanism
- Active, dual-redundant thermal knife activated hold-down/release deployment mechanism, space qualified as part of the UKube-1 mission
- All panels manufactured using high-quality PCB Substrate with space-grade Kapton coverlay.
- Sun detectors and temperature sensors included
- Magnetorquer included and are designed to work with CS ADCS
- Connector to EPS
- Connector to ADCS
- 2W power generation per face at BOL
- Mass: 148g
- Dimensions: 83x210.5mm
- Stowed profile fits within 6.5mm P-POD envelope
With our extensive experience in solar panel design and manufacture all our solar panels can be customised to meet your requirements; please contact us to discuss.