2U Double-Deployed Solar Array
This product is customizable, prices are based on requirements.
For more detailed pricing, and to request a quote please submit an enquiry.Enquiry
Our 2U double-deployable solar panels are designed to provide maximum capability from your 2U CubeSat. Deploying along the long edge of the spacecraft, a pair of double-deployable arrays can deliver up to 21W (@28C, BOL) peak power when used in conjunction with a 2U body panel.
Our range of solar panels were designed and qualified for maximum power generation and ease of platform integration. With extensive flight heritage, these products are not only quality assured but cost efficient
The 2U double-deployable solar panel assembly includes three PCBs, connected by our spring-loaded hinge mechanisms. The Body Panel, screw-mounted to the CubeSat structure, the outer face of the Inner Deployable Panel, and BOTH faces of the Outer Deployable Panel each feature FOUR 28.3% efficient Spectrolab UTJ solar cells, for a total of SIXTEEN solar cells.
The Deployed Panels are held in the stowed configuration by space-qualified Dynema cord, and released by firing our Thermal Knife Driver (TKD) circuit, whereupon the panel array deploys to a 90 degree angle. Clyde Space's deployable solar panels, including TKD circuitry and deployment hinges, have succesfully flown on numerous missions, including our very own UKube-1.
- Spectrolab UTJ solar cells in 4S1P configuration per face, with one string on the Body Panel, one on the Inner Deployed Panel, and two on the Outer Deployed Panel. Total of SIXTEEN solar cells.
- The Body Panel features mounting holes compatible with Clyde Space 2U CubeSat structure, and is supplied affixed to the Deployed Panel via a hinge mechanism
- Active, dual-redundant thermal knife activated hold-down/release deployment mechanism, space qualified as part of the UKube-1 mission
- All panels manufactured using high-quality PCB Substrate with space-grade Kapton coverlay.
- Sun detectors and temperature sensors included
- Magnetorquer included, designed to work with CS ADCS
- Connector to EPS
- Connector to ADCS
- 4W power generation per face at BOL
- Mass: 200g
- Dimensions: 83x210.5mm
With our extensive experience in solar panel design and manufacture all our solar panels can be customised to meet your requirements; please contact us to discuss.