- Closing date:
- 23rd May 2019
- Glasgow £competitive + Pension
An Assembly Integration and Test Engineer is required for a full-time position to work for one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, Clyde Space*, a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. The company is looking to deliver some key project milestones and meet rapidly growing customer demand for our products as this exciting market expands. We are looking to recruit an AIT Engineer who can work within our Missions Group to deliver full Spacecraft build and test capability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acceptance of hardware at subsystem level followed by full assembly and test of nanosatellites.
- Executing and defining Nanosatellite spacecraft platform build processes and procedures.
- Working alongside the Lead Systems engineer to test bespoke payload elements.
- Guide nanosatellite through environmental test campaign.
- Compiling test results and reports.
- Providing design for manufacture feedback and guidance at project design phases.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with electronics-based products.
- At least one of the following:
- Experience building intricate mechanical assemblies.
- Experience testing and debugging electronic devices.
- Experience running and contributing to test regimes.
- Able to perform effectively under high workloads and be able to adapt to a rapidly-changing time-critical environment.
- Able to commit to the plan and deliver the expected results on time, or to report proactively if any deviations are foreseen.
- Previous experience in a Space Engineering environment.
- Experience in testing RF communications systems within and EMC chamber environment.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter.
*Clyde Space is subsidiary of the Nasdaq First North Stockholm listed ÅAC Microtec organisation.
Please submit CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and type AIT Engineer in the subject line of your application.
Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work. Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Apply for this job
* mandatory fields