Flight Assembly Technician
- Closing date:
- 1st March 2019
A Flight Assembly Technician is required for a full-time position to work at Clyde Space*. We are one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, also a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. The job will involve hand-soldering surface mount components of spacecraft hardware within a cleanroom environment, and any other reasonable tasks as appropriate.
Candidates must have proven experience of hand-soldering surface mount components and excellent communication skills. Previous space industry experience is preferred although not essential. Previous experience in a PCB manufacturing environment is desired. The candidate should be at a level of competence to enable support to Clyde Space projects from day one.
The candidate should demonstrate:
- Experience in hand-soldering operations of surface mount components to 0402 package size
- Experience in using PCB layout and Schematic Capture software (Orcad, Cadstar) for viewing designs
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels
- Ability to work well in a team and support team members
- Ability to identify and specify components for procurement as required
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to closely follow manufacturing instructions
- Excellent attention to detail and attitude to quality
- Flexibility regarding overtime when required
- Experience of working in the space/aerospace industry
- Experience with fault-finding on unpopulated PCBs
- Solar panel manufacture
- ESA certified assembly technician
- Inspection experience to IPC 610 standard
- Assembly with battery cells
*Clyde Space is subsidiary of the Nasdaq First North Stockholm listed ÅAC Microtec AB organisation.
Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Apply for this job
* mandatory fields